Friday, June 12, 2009

Orlando to Harford - Northwest/Delta


I have NEVER enjoyed traveling into or out of MCO. I find the place confusing and overwhelming. Now some of this is based on the fact that the place is loaded with tourists, but I think the signage is awful. Not helping are people like Avis who literally leave Preferred renters scratching their heads as to how to get to the Preferred booth. By the way "Avis Preferred" means nothing at MCO as the place is loaded with tourists who are clueless. When I finally got to the agent to get the keys, I diplomatically asked him why Avis has no display board at MCO. His answer: we have 1500 reservations a day. Uhh, I think you get that many at ORD and a lot of places and they all have boards. I'm pretty convinced that every service that exists at MCO is designed to be average due to the huge number of tourists; there's simply no incentive there to bust one's ass.

The flight out of MCO was an enlightening insight into the Delta/Northwest merger. I bought the ticket on Delta's web page. When I went to their kiosk to check in, the kiosk told me I was on an NW flight. The boarding pass was NW stock. The A319 was DL livery. The FAs wore DL uniforms. The beverages were all Pepsi products (the traditional beverage of choice at NW. You can bet that Virginia Avenue will change this to Coke). The meal served in first was definitely NW style food. The flight pulled into DL gates at BDL 5 minutes late.

Dallas is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment