
Even when flights are on time (ORD to SLC, then on to IDA) there will still be some suffering. And in this case, the suffering was courtesy of our friends at Bombardier, inventor of the famous Canadair Regional Jet. The ORD/SLC segment was on Delta metal, an MD90. But the SLC/IDA trip was on the infamous CRJ200 operated by SkyWest.
The CRJ burst on the scene when I was living in Knoxville. And I thought it was great. Well, compared to the propeller driven Embraer which flew TYS/CVG, well, they were great.
Only one problem. Embraer jumped into the RJ game and their ER145/170 series put CRJs to shame.
The CR900 is nice because it has a first class. CR700 is nicer than a 200, but the 100-200 series is utter hell.
You are jammed in 2x2 fashion, 50 people in the hull. And it is the tightest configuration you can sit in. I try to avoid these things, but I'll ride another one Friday morning back to SLC.
I gotta have something to complain about!

No comments:
Post a Comment