
It's just the little things that seem to bug me so much about travel nowadays. It is so apparent to me that corporate America is satisfied to be just "average", nothing special. Yes, I'm talking again about Delta. I do wish the management of Delta would spend one month flying around on Southwest and they would see how average they really are.
When I lived here in Tennessee, TYS was a big MD88 operation for Delta. I was always upgraded and thought all was wonderful. Yesterday, in BDL, I sat in first of an MD88 for the first time in a long time. And it's lousy. Yes it is better than coach, but I know now that Southwest coach is just about as comfortable as first on an MD. These MDs are old and show it. Did I mention that the inbound from ATL was 30 minutes late? (which of course caused us to get to ATL 30 minutes late). No real reason given by anyone. Just a lot of verbal pressure put on the paying customers to get into their seats as quickly as possible.
And of course, the usual problem when we get to ATL; no jetway driver for a good five minutes. I have given up hoping for an explanation. All I can tell you is that having flown hundreds of SWA segments, this never happens with those guys.
Of course that extra five minutes agitated a lot of people who had close connections.
The connection to TYS was a CR9 which I love because of its very nice first class. This one was operated by Pinnacle, who used to be a big NW regional carrier, but now they are part of DL. This flight was 15 minutes early into TYS.
By the way, the captain kept calling Knoxville "KnoxVegas". When I lived here, you would occasionally hear people use this term.
Anybody who would use this term has never been to Knoxville, Vegas, or both as there are absolutely no similarities between the places. There is no gambling in Knoxville, and due to the extremely Southern Baptist nature of the place, not much drinking and hell raising.
On to Dallas later today. Via American Eagle. They don't screw up many nonstop flights. The only delay possibilities are caused by storms.

No comments:
Post a Comment