Sunday, June 14, 2009

Knoxville to DFW - American Eagle


I've railed on American Eagle a lot on this blog, but since I moved to Chicago, I never fly on them. But today I did as they have nonstop service from TYS to DFW and even if they are late (and they were, one hour late!) at least you don't have to deal with the anxiety of a connection.

And almost everybody else on the ERJ had a connection and these people were becoming unglued. EGF has the same problem DL has; they can't find a jet bridge driver once you are in the gate. We waited at least 5 minutes to the point where my poor fellow East Tennesseans got abnormally upset.

Driving out of the rental area at DFW, one encounters more concrete and roads than I've seen at any US airport.

And there is a north-south tollway which splits the airport in two. So I dutifully prepared to hand over the $2 toll for the 5 mile drive. But some wonderful news for the traveler; if you are in a rental car the toll is waived! And it was! Completely unlike Chicago where the city fathers want to squeeze every dime out of anyone who goes into or out of ORD from the surrounding Illinois Tollways. Very refreshing.

I'll fly real AA metal on Friday back to ORD. I expect a delay

No comments:

Post a Comment