I've been traveling constantly since 1990. And there are no sick days in my job; in consulting you have to show up for the job. With all the money at stake with the travel costs, you better show up no matter how you feel.
In the 19 years I've traveled, I've been sick 3 times but showed up to work anyway. But yesterday, here in Knoxville, I thought I was going to die. I got hit with a stomach virus at about 6 AM and had to be in front of the customer at 8 AM. I won't go into details, you can just imagine.
And when it was over, all I could do was fall in a bed and go to sleep. Which I did, for 16 hours. Then it was time to do it all over again today. I felt better, but it feels like I've been hit by a freight train.
On to Cincinnati tomorrow. I might drive it, just not sure yet.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment