Saturday, Valentine's Day, and I'm recovering from flying nearly 5000 miles on 5 separate days. I can not take credit for the name of this post, it comes from the excellent work done by Joe Brancatelli at his website.
Out of respect for Joe's work, I'm not going to paste his thoughts here, but he is making a valid point. Those of us who fly for a living look at a jet in the same way most people look at a car; it's a piece of metal that gets you to and from work every day.
In light of the Colgan Air crash in BUF, Joe makes a wonderful point. Life is very fragile and can be erased so quickly even when doing something as "routine" as flying home from work. Of course this can happen in a car as well, but aviation disasters are always more magnified.
I know that every road warrior has thought more than once in the last 72 hours about Buffalo. And all of us will again fly to work tomorrow, in my case MDW to BWI on Southwest.
And now on to Valentine's Day.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment