
As always, Delta metal out of Knoxville is not Delta, but rather third party commuters, in this case their vassal known as "Freedom Air".
Although I have always looked at "regional" airlines as bush league when it comes to customer service, give them a good weather day like today and they will get you there, in this case, 10 minutes early. The worst thing was the encounter we had with wake turbulence when we were on final for 18L. This is a subject I will address at some point, it is never something I enjoy.
When I checked in for this flight today, I notice Delta had placed a link to the following on their web site:
Northwest Airlines Flight #2, traveling from Manila to Narita on February 20, experienced severe turbulence upon approach to the Narita airport. The plane, a Boeing 747-400 with 408 passengers and 14 crew members on board, landed safely. Approximately 45 people were taken to a local hospital for medical care and five people remain hospitalized. There were no fatal injuries.
I suppose when you buy another legacy carrier, you double the issues, and in this case, the issue of controlling the PR and the spin (helping to reduce lawsuits).
Tomorrow will be a terrible day, flying from CVG up to ORD. They are calling for heavy snow tonight and tomorrow in Chicago. I am preparing myself to possibly never make it to Chicago. On to Vegas Sunday.
Just livin' the dream!
Late addition: Just settled into the room here at CVG and see where the airport police had to haul a guy off an RJ today for starting a fight. Too many drinks it appears. Here is the link: www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...2Cj-cqBkw.cspx

No comments:
Post a Comment