Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tampa to Roanoke and Back


I was born and raised near Roanoke, VA, so I do enjoy getting to go back for work occasionally.  In fact, when the job ended early, I jumped in the Avis and drove over to the old home town and looked at the house, and the old hangouts.

It's sad in a way to see a house that holds so many fond memories in such a state of disrepair.  It made me miss my parents greatly as well.

ROA is not always an easy place to get in and out of because nobody flies there except the regional carriers.  But it all went well!

The worst thing was my stupidly leaving my laptop in the gate at ROA on the return.  The second I boarded the flight I remembered it and had to fight my way upstream to get it.

Well, maybe the worst thing was the CRJ2 we flew out of ROA on.  That's pure hell.

25,844 miles so far in two months.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2172/history/20130224/2215Z/KTPA/KATL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5174/history/20130225/0130Z/KATL/KROA


http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5540/history/20130227/2320Z/KROA/KATL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1535/history/20130228/0250Z/KATL/KTPA

No comments:

Post a Comment