Monday, February 4, 2013
Tampa/Hartford/Tampa
The work is suddenly crazy, with Saturdays involved. So I got to spend Thursday night at home, but flew to BDL on Friday, on Southwest non-stop. We arrived at BDL 10 minutes early, and as usual, no problems with SWA. Their coach is so much more comfortable than the legacy guys.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA285/history/20130201/1905Z/KTPA/KBDL
So after a quick half day working in CT, its back to TPA, on Delta, with the connection via DTW. I know. Sounds absurd, but on Saturdays I've noticed that SWA flies a greatly reduced schedule.
The CR7 out of BDL to DTW was right on time. But the MD90 to TPA departed 45 minutes late, due to late arrive flight attendants. I won't scream too much over this, as it was snowing heavily in DTW that night.
The MD was only booked with 40 pax, and first class, which holds 18, only had 9 people, so everybody practically had their own row to themselves. Plus nobody burned their overhead lights so the cabin was dark and quite cozy.
The take off was fun with the light load. When the brakes were released, the acceleration was pretty violent, as was the climb out. This never gets old to me!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5129/history/20130202/2125Z/KBDL/KDTW
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1721/history/20130203/0045Z/KDTW/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment