Monday, February 11, 2013

Tampa - Las Vegas - Dodging Fronts


Another, short weekend.  And off to Vegas.  I could tell from the radar that even though the weather in TPA was great, once we got up into Georgia we would be flying into a front.  And we surely did!  Notice the deviation we took on the flight.  Typically, a TPA/ATL arrival will come into ATL from the west via Columbus, GA.  Not this night.  And it was very bumpy.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2172/history/20130210/2215Z/KTPA/KATL

Upon our arrival in ATL, I saw the CNN feed and noticed that a tornado had hit Hattiesburg, MS.  Anytime this happens, ATL goes into a ground stop.  I can't say for sure, be we might have been the last arrival that ATL accepted for a while.

All this means is the connection to LAS is late, but only 45 minutes.  But notice the northerly route we took.  And the first 2 hours of this segment were very bumpy.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1703/history/20130211/0059Z/KATL/KLAS

We overflew the entire state of Kansas!  That's how far north we were.  This added a lot of time to the flight actually. 

In any event, in LAS all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment