Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hilton Hhonors Lowers the Boom


First of all, I did fly from Hartford to Pittsburgh via Baltimore via Southwest today.

Smooth flights, all slightly early, flying in the middle of the week is a breeze.  An no gripy Karen lecturing me about non-provisioned destinations (see previous post)

Hilton announced that they are severely "devaluing" their Hhonors program today.  The cuts are just another slap in the face to all of us who spend upwards of 300 nights a year in Hilton properties.  If I screwed my customers the way the travel industry screws us with these "enhancements" I would have no customers left.

Particularly galling is their language stating that "to ensure that we continue to be a world class guest loyalty program, changes need to be made from time to time.

HUH? (again, two posts in a row)

It is amazing how corporate America can not understand that the vast majority of elite fliers and elite hotel programs are business people who would not be filling up their hotels if we fell for such BS in our everyday work.

It is truly amazing how much BS corporate America can generate.

At least Maker's Mark bourbon recanted on their plan to reduce the amount of alcohol in their bourbon due to customer feedback (known as complaining)

The conventional wisdom has a lot of us Hilton folks going back to Marriott or somebody else.  I'll have to seriously consider it.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA3561/history/20130220/2220Z/KBDL/KBWI

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA365/history/20130221/0055Z/KBWI/KPIT

No comments:

Post a Comment