Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tampa to Hartford - Twice this Week - The Whole Can of Coke on Southwest


Out of TPA on Monday night on the evening nonstop to BDL via Southwest.  2 hours and 18 minutes in the air.  It still beats a connection any day.

We closed the door in TPA 2 minutes early and arrived at BDL 2 minutes early as well.

I'll be right back here in 72 hours, but that's another story.

So, I'm sitting in the darkened cabin when it's time to order the Coke in this case.  So I asked for the whole can.

In what had to be the fastest English I've ever heard, Karen informs me that she's not sure she can do this since "our destination is a non-provisioned station and the stuff is locked up in the back".

HUH?

I've never heard this kind of response in almost 40 years of flying!

Karen did eventually bring the whole can.

Over time, I've gotten to be a pretty good judge of body languages, faces, etc.  It's just because I constantly work with strangers and after 30 years, you can tell.

Karen was not happy, and I do feel that being an FA is a very tough job.  But don't give me some dumb answer when you simply don't want to mess with the can.

She never smiled the whole trip. 

Pittsburgh next.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA3481/history/20130219/0140Z/KTPA/KBDL

No comments:

Post a Comment