Sunday, February 17, 2013

Las Vegas to Tampa - Delta is Getting it Done


Usually my weekly work in LAS ends at 4 pm Vegas time.  One can get back to the east coast by doing the famous red eye flights.  I quit those years ago, and let the customer pay for a Friday night in LAS with an early flight out.

Early this time means 6 am, which is probably the first departure out of LAS.  It's hell on earth to have to get up at 3 am, take a cab, and deal with Vegas security.  PRE in LAS does not open until who knows when, but they have NEVER been open when I fly the 6 am departure.

So numbly, you wait at the gate and thank god the upgrade has cleared.  You sit in that big seat and instantly go to sleep and usually wake up around MEM.  Upon looking at the link below, I'm not sure why we arrived into ATL via the approach from the SW.

The connection to TPA was fine, arriving 3 minutes early.  So I got somewhat of a Saturday night on my island, and don't have to leave for Hartford until 8 pm Monday night.

The beat just never ends.  Three trips in the next week.  19705 miles through Feb 16 ytd.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1602/history/20130216/1400Z/KLAS/KATL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2372/history/20130216/1840Z/KATL/KTPA

No comments:

Post a Comment