Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Almost 3 Years Without a Post!
I don't know where to start!
I stopped writing this blog in September of 2009 and there were a lot of reasons, the biggest being I got bored with it.
Then a lot of other things happened.
Like:
I left Chicago
I moved to the Tampa Bay area, St. Petersburg to be precise.
But I did not stop flying. In 2009 I flew 106,813 miles.
The beat went on:
2010 - 107,269 miles
2011 - 158,603 miles, the most ever in one year.
And so far, in 2012 as of right now, 85,399 miles, and it's just the first of August.
So much has happened, both personally and professionally. And the travel world has gotten much colder.
I had actually forgotten about this blog and then yesterday, while on a trip (of course) to Saginaw, MI, I did a Google search on it and was shocked it's still here.
Reading my old posts was very weird. I might have been a better writer then.
Personally, I have a beautiful 2 year old granddaughter living in Knoxville. She's so special.
So I'm sitting in what is now called the Delta Sky Club in Detroit, killing three hours before boarding an MD90 for TPA, nonstop.
So many things to say, and I can't say them all now, but living in the Tampa Bay area is heaven on earth, for a LOT of reasons. Less than a quarter of a mile from the Gulf of Mexico.
But I'll just start by saying it's so nice to fly in and out of a city that has so many flight choices and plenty of backup. Included are all the low cost guys like Jet Blue, AirTran and Southwest.
I'm still doing Delta and enough of it to stay at Diamond status. But I do a lot of Southwest as well.
Plenty of catching up to do on this blog now!
Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment