Saturday, January 24, 2009

Airline Passenger Bill of Rights Act - 2009

Usually I would not post anything between trips but this one caught my eye. For quite some time now, Kate Hanni has been pushing an Airline Passenger Bill of Rights. I don't have all the details of her past efforts, but of course we have no bill at this point. And I'm not sure we will ever get one. You can bet that those lawyers over at the Air Transport Association have every bullet in the gun loaded to make sure this never happens.

I'm sorry to say that I am not familiar with all of Ms. Hanni's efforts, but apparently her bill of rights is being proposed again this year. Before I moved to Chicago and flew more legacy carriers, I prayed for the day we would get a bill of rights. I'm just sorry to say that you can not legislate morality to the hub and spoke carriers. You have to hit them in the wallet. It is the only thing they will ever understand.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know the content of this Passenger Bill of Rights but I really hope that it will protect passengers against some other abusive passengers such those overweight guys that take the half of your own seat and don't allow you to breathe during the trip. And I don't want to mention other worse issues...
    I think this is a wonderful initiative!

    ReplyDelete