
It's Monday and I'm doing something today that I should never do - fly to St. Louis when I have to be at work there at 12:30 pm. Flying on the day that you have to show up is always risky because if the trip cancels, you really don't get much of a Plan B. And in today's modern approach to commercial air travel, you always need Plan B! So I hope that Southwest again does their magic by getting me into STL at 9:45 AM for a meeting that starts later. Plan B on SWA would not get me there until 11:35 AM, too close for comfort!
If this trip were not on SWA, I would never try this with a hub and spoke legacy carrier. Driving out to MDW early on Monday will not help the stress level much either, but it lets me stay home all day today and watch the NFL playoffs, lol.
Update, made it!
I tempted fate again, but when the weather is good, you can get there on the same day as the job. Thanks again Southwest!
Now I'm off to one of the nicer things about travel, the Embassy Suites manager's reception.

No comments:
Post a Comment