Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it!

Wonder what it is like to be a true "road warrior"? In this case, someone who lives in hotels approximately 300 nights a year?

Wonder what it is really like to be an "elite member" in the eyes of the airlines?

If all of this sounds a bit pretentious, let me assure you that life on the road is
NOT glamorous!

I remember years ago when I worked for Delta Airlines on the ticket counter. I used to be so envious of flyers jetting off to exotic places. I would read the paper tickets (they rarely exist now!) and wish I were going.

Little did I know that I would take a job that would give me over 4,000,000 frequent flyer miles with Delta alone.

People always ask me what I will do with those miles; how about
stay at home for a few days lol. Seriously, I am fortunate to have seen a lot of places.

My father, whom I dearly miss now that he is deceased taught me years ago that
travel is one of the best educations you will ever obtain. Thank you Dad, and I love and miss you. I think you are smiling, watching from up there!

Again, welcome. I'll try not to vent too much here about delayed flights, blown connections, hub meltdowns, blown rental car reservations, and the concept known as "walking" a hotel guest (meaning, they gave your room away even though you had a confirmed reservation).

PS - The picture you see was taken between Christmas and New Year's in Puerto Rico. Yes, I do use those miles when I need a little time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment