Thursday, January 3, 2013

St. Lucia - Vacation


For the last few years, I've tried to ring in the new year on some Caribbean island.  And when you live on an island in Florida, and on the beach, well, it takes a lot to get my attention. But St. Lucia is beautiful and so are it's people.  Special thanks to Peter, the bartender at the swim up bar at Sandals Grand St. Lucian for introducing me to so many ways of mixing dark rum!

Since this blog is particularly about flying, I'll not bore you with details about the resorts and all, but I'm posting a couple of pics in addition to the flight stuff.

I did a free ticket out of TPA to ATL then down to UVF, the international airport in St. Lucia.

The flights were all on time, and I'm going to give DL credit.  They seem to have turned it around in ATL in terms of hustle and service.

As we prepared to push out of the gate at UVF, the pilot gave us the route of flight and told us that he was going to rock the wings right after rotation in order to say goodbye to all the folks on the beach we would overfly.

And I forgot about this until, sure enough, about 3 seconds after rotation he rocked the wings!  And it was pretty vigorous rocking.  That's the first time I've ever had that experience in 30 years of air travel!  Very cool!

This ended my 2012 flight year.  The total mileage was down slightly from 2011.  I ended the year at 144,123 miles.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL421/history/20121229/1500Z/KATL/TLPL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL426/history/20130102/2016Z/TLPL/KATL


No comments:

Post a Comment