Thursday, December 20, 2012
Apologies Again!
So sorry about the lack of posts between September and today (December 20, 2012)
I just got buried in work and other issues.
During the last three months I did a lot of nonstops out of TPA via Southwest and (a first for me) JetBlue.
The bottom line again, is to get there and get back with the least amount of hassle possible. So I've really cut back on the DL trips this year.
However, I would be remiss if I did not report the following:
On Monday afternoon, December 17, I was in BWI scheduled to fly back to TPA on a nonstop Southwest flight. Piece of cake, right?
Not when BWI is completely closed down due to fog and stayed that way for roughly 36 hours!
FAA put BWI on a groundstop and you simply can't depart an airport if they aren't accepting arrivals.
After 2 Southwest cancellations, I drove to PHL since Southwest/BWI was out of seats. I got the last seat on an afternoon nonstop back to TPA. I really wonder how many families were stranded in BWI with this mess. Happy Holidays!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA1670/history/20121218/1945Z/KPHL/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment