Monday, January 21, 2013
Amarillo/Dallas/Tampa/Atlanta/JFK
Where to start:
AMA to DFW was fine, the Eagle RJ, ontime in fact. Again, always sit on the "A" side lest you have a seatmate.
The Super 80 out of DFW to TPA on a Friday night was absolutely packed, and since I have no status with AA, well, I sat way back, at least on an aisle.
Took my AMEX Platinum card and was admitted to the Admirals Club in DFW. I gotta tell you DELTA, AA's club there is top rank, at least this one in C concourse was. They even have sushi. And even though DL is pouring money into their clubs now, the AA club was more dignified and elegant.
I got to sleep in my bed for one night.
Then did DL out of TPA to ATL to visit friends. Left on a Saturday afternoon, and right on time but you outta be on a Saturday.
Did ATL to JFK tonight. Due to a last minute ticket purchase I did not get the upgrade and finished, AGAIN, at number one on the upgrade list. Happens every time I don't clear, one seat off.
Landed on time at JFK in the light snow and DL here has the same sickness they got in DTW; can't get the jetway on. It took 10 minutes.
Sooo, hanging out working at JFK most of the week, but have to do a job in CT later which will force me to fly to TPA out of LGA later this week.
All to get one night in my bed.
Then off to EWR next week.
DL has added more strings to their elite status, now tying it to money spent on fares. I have a spreadsheet from last year and the $12,500.00 threshold for Diamond won't be a challenge. They could take it all higher for all I care.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EGF3418/history/20130118/2250Z/KAMA/KDFW
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1072/history/20130119/0250Z/KDFW/KTPA
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2372/history/20130119/1840Z/KATL/KTPA
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL268/history/20130121/2235Z/KATL/KJFK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment