Sunday, January 13, 2013

My Yearly January Trip to Amarillo



It's 24 degrees here, and I should be used to that having lived in Chicago.  But since I've lived in Florida for two years, and we've been having record high temps in St. Pete lately, I'm about to die from cold here!

Amarillo is always a tough place to get here, and I've been coming out here for 15 years.  During that time, Delta has come and gone.  3 separate times.  The only people who fly it now are UA out of DEN and IAH I believe, and AA out of DFW and Southwest out of DAL.

And I've done them all, and they all have their issues here.

But today I did SWA out of Nashville, through STL with a connection in DAL.

Only 30 mins late actually.  That's about the norm here.  It seems like airlines aren't committed to the smaller markets.  AMA and Knoxville (TYS) where I used to live have a lot in common in that area.

Here til Friday, then back to TPA for a couple of days.  JFK is next.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA451/history/20130113/1930Z/KBNA/KSTL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA451/history/20130113/2105Z/KSTL/KDAL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA1527/history/20130113/2345Z/KDAL/KAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment