Sunday, January 27, 2013
LGA to TPA - All the Luck Possible!
I finished the week by working in CT Saturday with a departure out of LGA to Tampa at 4 pm.
This kind of thing is always nerve wracking because you have to finish the work and then hope like hell that you can get down I-95 and into/thru LGA with time to spare.
It went very well, and once the Avis bus put me out at the Delta terminal, I was lucky enough to get through TSA pre with no issues.
I went to the Sky Club, and got a beverage when I looked at the departure board and saw a nonstop leaving for TPA in just 15 minutes. (I had a connection through ATL).
The agent at the Sky Club switched me over and put me on the standby list for first. By the time I got to the gate, the upgrade had cleared, and in the space of no more than 5 minutes, I was sitting in 1A with a beverage.
I landed at TPA at 7 pm, and ended up getting a Saturday night that I did not think I was going to get. Most of the folks up front were going to Gasparilla - I stopped doing that a couple of years ago.
But I just could not believe this good luck!
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1695/history/20130126/2100Z/KLGA/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment