Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hermasillo, Mexico


My first visit to the Sonoran Desert and it can get hot here, each day about 110F. That never upsets me, just reminds me that I better get as much of this weather as I can before winter sets in.

To the folks that I have worked with here this week, I say, Gracias, dios les bendigan. You are all wonderful charming people.

Where to start? My last post was written from Las Vegas and since that time I have just been too busy and overwhelmed.

I flew from LAS to ATL for one night, then on to SJU (San Juan) where I spent all of last week, including one extra day of vacation.

The flying was pretty normal, all first class. And last Saturday night, from ATL out to LAX, I experienced my first ever "lie flat" seating in first on a DL777. Needless to say, this is magnificent, but it takes a while to get used to the fact that the seat does NOT face straight ahead, but rather, towards the center of the cabin. This is necessary for the "lie flat" features to work. I never really stretched the bed open totally, as this was a daytime flight.

I spent last Saturday night at the Embassy/LAX and then on Aeromexico ERJ145 on to Hermosillo.

The work is over here, and tomorrow it's back to LAX, and then DL/NW on to MSP then to ORD.

I have not been in Chicago in over 6 weeks, I suppose I should go and check the mail there.

Then it's on to East Lansing, MI to help my son get settled for Michigan State law school.

PS, the pic that you see is not from Hermasillo, but rather taken at Luquillo Beach in Puerto Rico. Very nice and very uncrowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment