Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Delta - Northwest, It Still Ain't Working Well

Flew up from Hermosillo to LAX today (I'm in the LAX Sky Club at the moment). Once I cleared customs I had to check in for my DL/NW flight to MSP.

Of course this is where the fun starts. You stand at the kiosk and press "Northwest flight". Of course it asks for a World Perks number, which I don't have. So you hope for the best and try to check in on the Delta side of the kiosk. Delta tells you that you don't have a reservation.

So now it's time to get in the First Class line at LAX. Surprisingly, very few people were in line. An agent walks up and asks if I have first class, yeah I do. I tell her I'm trying to check in for MSP. She tells me I'm in the wrong line, that the "First Class line" I'm in is for ATL and SLC flights. Of course there is absolutely no indication or signage about this. She sends me over to another "First Class line". After a 30 minute wait, I'm finally able to check in for this DL/NW thing.

I have to say this. Out of Mexico today I flew on Aerolitoral, a commuter of Aeromexico. They have staff available, everything goes well, and their FF miles post to Delta.com on the same day! Of course, you have to write DL to get credit for NW flights.

How can somebody like Aeroliteral do such a better job of operating in the "new Delta"?

Sure wish the guys on Virginia Avenue could travel with me for just two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment