I'm finally over that trip that took me from Vegas to San Juan and then back to Hermasillo, Mexico. And my body let me know that it would not tolerate this kind of thing. Seems that I got some kind of respiratory illness. And I never went to the doctor for this and paid a severe price. I'm about over it now, but I barely remember SJU as I was so sick there.
Now throw in the following. I worked in Chicago for one day and then flew to Detroit to help put my son in law school at Michigan State. That exhausted me as well, setting up his apartment and the like.
Then I flew back to Chicago to drive on up to Madison, WI, where I am now. On to Cincinnati from Ohare tomorrow night and then right back to Chicago on Sunday. Working on a Saturday is not helping my recovery either.
And I have been remiss in mentioning how our friends at Delta have again "enhanced" the Sky Miles program by creating an upper elite division known as "Diamond Medallion". Now I will qualify for this level, but those guys down on Virginia Avenue made it so easy to make Platinum that the system got saturated with elite fliers. They had no choice but to create another division.
And those poor souls who are Silver and Gold Medallion, I have no idea what benefits if any you can get due to saturation at the Platinum level.
Other news includes that horrible event where the Express Jet flight was stranded overnight in Rochester, MN. This is old news, but it tells me something that I have always maintained:
The airlines have never developed any infrastructure which is designed to take care of irregular flight operations. It would seem that they simply can not afford this. And they will not be forced to take irregular ops into account until the government forces it and backs it up with fines.
In the meantime, the strandings (these are literally hostage taking events) will continue.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment