Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Old Delta Lives Again


I flew back to MEM late this afternoon from BWI. Another one of those Delta-Northwest blends, but what made this one different, was, for the first time since the early 1990's, I flew on a DC9 with Delta colors! I don't expect that remark to resonate with too many folks, but getting on this kind of equipment is like getting in a time machine. I plainly remember that one of the Delta print ads that ran in the papers in the mid 90's concerned how young their equipment was. And at that time, that was a very true statement. They had dumped all the DC9's and purchased a bunch of MD88's, 752's and 762's.

Well, a merger makes for stange bedfellows I suppose.

But I have to admit, that first class in this aging piece of metal is still better than first in an MD88.

Just another weird observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment