Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Delta-Northwest - A Lot to Iron Out


I flew Knoxville-Baltimore yesterday, but the connection was through Memphis and the metal was all Northwest.

This arrangement is interesting; you buy the ticket on the Delta web site, but to control your seating you have to visit the NW site. The metal is all NW. The flight crews are wearing DL colors. The beverages are NW standard. And, complicating the issues, to get SkyMiles credit you have to be patient; I've already received credit for the TYS/MEM segment, but no mention of the MEM/BWI segment on the account yet.

I've been considering MEM as an alternative to the zoo that is ATL; and I'll give the folks at MEM credit; they turned the A320 in just 30 mins after its arrival from LAX.

On another note, a Southwest flight made an emergency landing in Charleston, WVa last night. The flight was Nashville/BWI and a hole appeared in the fuselage. The masks deployed as well.

One of these days for me . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment