Monday, July 13, 2009

Checking In

It's mid summer, and typically my work slows a bit around July 4. This year was no exception; I did a quick one day job in Milwaukee. Regarding the flying, I flew one segment of four on real Delta metal, the rest on third party commuters.

Both connections were through Atlanta, and every flight was delayed. I'm not going to complain too much, as ATL has been getting pounded by storms almost every day for the last three weeks.

Regrettably, my daughter took a punishing five hour delay out of ATL last night due to storms. Here flight back to San Diego departed ATL at the ungodly hour of 2:45 AM.

She is more understanding than I am. I suppose that is one of the values of youth.

I'm going to Baltimore this week. I bought the ticket on Delta, yet again, it's all Northwest metal. Interestingly, Delta's web page shows different seating than the Northwest site. I checked in on the NWA site. Let's see how it all plays out. But I'm starting to like the NWA/DL arrangement as it puts me into Memphis, and MEM is not nearly as chaotic as ATL.

Back to the grind with a short trip to MEM itself from BWI and then two weeks in a row in Las Vegas. Then San Juan and Hermasillo, Mexico.

The beat goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment