Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Psychology of Being Delayed - Who Else but Delta?



I'm writing from the Sky Club or whatever they call them now at Delta. I flew the SkyWest CR9 here from ORD today, and right on time. I think I know why; it's a beautiful weather day all over the nation.

This did not stop SkyWest from posting a delay on my trip to Los Angeles. I'm still sitting here waiting it out.

Take a look at the pic; you can see how everything here in SLC is running on time, except the flight to LAX!

Of course no body knows why, no one will take ownership of any delays on beautiful days. I guess the sun is just too bright to fly on time.

So, the psychology is difficult when you realize your flight is the only late flight running through an entire legacy hub! This has happened to the veterans travelers many times, and we all know this. Uggh!

Postcript to the above:

Now that I'm in LA (and we had an earthquake 2 miles from here last night, 4.7 on the Richter scale - the hotel I'm in shook terribly!) here is the reason for the delay:

The inbound aircraft came in from Los Cabos, Mexico, and had to go through some kind of "security screening" upon its arrival. Only problem was, "whoever" (TSA?) does this screening did not show up for 45 minutes. Classic Delta-style delay!

We finally boarded and pushed back and I saw a big roller bag just lying on the tarmac at SLC. And no one was around. Pity the poor person who is the owner of this checked bag. They paid to have this happen, plus the computer will show that it just vanished until somebody gathers it up and rescans it.

I wanted to grab my camera and take a pic of it, but I couldn't get it as it was up in the overhead.

Then I have to wait 45 minutes for the hotel shuttle bus, then endure this quake, lol. But the worst part continues to be Delta and their lack of professionalism when it comes to delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment