Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chicago to Atlanta To Austin - Delta


I need more Delta miles (the kids are burning through them) so I ignored the fact that AA flies direct to AUS and did a connection through the infamous "World Port".

The inbound to ORD came from ATL and arrived 20 minutes late. Who knows why, it's a beautiful day all over the eastern half of the country. So I resigned myself to being 20 minutes late into the "World Port". But something happened today that I have never seen in almost 20 years of flying Delta; they started boarding less than 3 minutes after the inbound passengers had deplaned.

This may mean nothing to the average pax, but I am starting to sense some kind of urgency at Delta when it comes to on time operations. I don't know if this is coincidence or the result of the merger with NW or what, but I have noticed real hustle on more than one recent occasion.

Out of ATL 15 mins late, but due to what I think again is schedule padding we arrived 5 minutes early in AUS. This was after a 30 minute wait on the taxiway enroute to runway 27R in ATL (this runway is saturated with departure traffic betwee 4 and 6 PM).

The most interesting aspect was the young lady who sat in 1B on the CR9. There is no way to put it diplomatically; she had obvious enhancements to her chest that made her look like a porn star. And I've never seen anyone in first drink as much as she did. When we got to AUS the "porn star" was certifiably drunk. And she was very young. Not me, I'm not interested in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment