Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tampa to Trinidad and Tobago



That has a lilt to it!

I've worked in Trinidad before.  The people are so gracious.  But I learned on my last trip that the island of Trinidad is industrial, revolving around the oil and natural gas industries.  There is little for the tourist.  But Tobago is where you want to go for beach and Caribbean fix.

So after my last trip, I decided to include Tobago in my plans.  I bought first on AA and it was all set up.  Except that this is a huge holiday weekend in "TT" and no flights or ferry passage is available to Tobago.  So here I sit in the Hyatt in Port of Spain killing two days.  While eating breakfast this morning I did see the ferry that I was unable to board to Tobago, due to lack of room.  See the pic!




The lesser of the messes was to fly the original segments and just sit here.  Trying to rebook was impossible because AA out of MIA to POS is full.

I did do AA in first.  DL doesn't do Trinidad.

Again, it just confirmed that the least amount of stress is to not worry about FF programs, loyalty, and elite status.  Just buy first.

But this is probably what the airlines want anyway.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL2202/history/20130601/1035Z/KTPA/KMIA

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1647/history/20130531/1350Z/KMIA/TTPP

67,014 miles year to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment