Monday, March 11, 2013
Tampa-Raleigh-Durham - The DL Sky Club Guys are just Great!
So it's off to RDU, looks easy through ATL.
Just as I pull into the Robert Goddard garage at TPA I get the much dreaded phone call from DL telling me my outbound to ATL is delayed by an hour.
So it's into the terminal, right through PRE (these TSA guys are hilarious there!) and up to the Sky Club, prepared to just take the delay and hope for the best.
So I check in and the guy there (and he's there a lot) tells me he's gonna route me through Cincy with a first class seat out of TPA on the MD 88.
Then a CRJ200 out of CVG to RDU, scheduled to get me in 30 minutes before I would have had the ATL connection held up.
To make a long story short, this guy did not have to do this, and I'm sure being a Diamond was the reason he did. I applaud him, and while I'm on the subject, I've found the Delta staff at TPA to just be fabulous! (at least inside security, I've never been to their counter!)
Thank you sir! I know I gripe a lot but I'd still be in ATL and possibly not into RDU until tomorrow morning had he not intervened.
The CR2 was nasty of course, but it got me here.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2041/history/20130311/2110Z/KTPA/KCVG
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FLG4031/history/20130311/2355Z/KCVG/KRDU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment