Monday, March 11, 2013
Scranton to Tampa - Not Easy, and Please Stop Yelling (You Know Who You Are)
It's not always easy to get out of small markets, particularly late in the day. When I tried to get a ticket from AVP to TPA, no carrier sold a connection after 2 pm on Sunday.
But I needed a Florida fix so badly, that I purchased two one way tickets on Delta, one to Detroit, and then from DTW home to TPA.
That gets pricey, plus you have no protection if you blow the trip into DTW (the airlines don't know you are coming, so they won't protect you.) And if you are late for the second segment, you just appear as a no show who's already checked in.
It was close, too close for comfort actually, but I made it.
Regrettably, the bean counter in our corporate office didn't quite "understand" what I was doing (my guess is she flies once a year) and questioned the fares and the routing.
And I blew up. I busted my butt to work for these people this weekend, even getting into AVP at 3 am on Friday night, and worked through Sunday.
I decided I would actually resign if I got hassled anymore about my choices. I did receive one email in reply to mine. To hell with it, I didn't open it.
Off to Raleigh-Durham next.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FLG3823/history/20130310/2115Z/KAVP/KDTW (note the looping holding pattern at DTW)
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1721/history/20130310/2350Z/KDTW/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment