Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Memphis to Atlanta - Auburn, AL - War Eagle!


OK, I went to Tennessee, so yelling War Eagle might be blasphemy, but I'm an SEC guy all the way, so this is my first ever visit to the fairest village on the plains.

Even though Montgomery is the closest airport, I just did the DL MD88 from MEM to ATL and drove it.

As we were descending into ATL, we hit some of the most violent wake turbulence I've ever encountered in almost 40 years of air travel.

Not trying to scare anybody, but this is bad stuff.  It's caused when we are flying maybe a bit too close behind another arrival.  You'll know it when you hit it, it's very violent for a few seconds.

MEM is a sad story now that DL is de hubbing the place. I've never thought much of the building, but it's so sad to see all those empty gates and jetways.  It's as bad as CVG.  Gosh when a carrier leaves town like this, I wonder who pays for all that empty gate space.

So, upon arrival in ATL, it's time to jump on the "air train" and ride to baggage claim so I can catch another train to the car rental facility.

The train was super crowded, and we stop at T concourse and this really spastic looking, dweeby guy gets on, wearing a NY Jets shirt, workout pants and some kind of awful sneakers.  I notice he's pretty tall, grey and just dressed awfully.

I'll be damned, it's Rex Ryan, head coach of the Jets.  I could read his bag tag and his name was there along with his home address and phone number, lol.

But coach, come on!  Dress a bit nicer please!  A nice sport coat and khakis will work.

I once saw Jeff Fisher strolling through BNA when he coached the Titans.  A really cool dude.  Jeans.  Cowboy boots.  RayBans.

I think the Jets and Ryan are a circus, and after this encounter, I believe it more!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2389/history/20130320/2220Z/KMEM/KATL

No comments:

Post a Comment