Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tampa to Baton Rouge - DL through ATL


I didn't fly out of TPA til 5:15 today so I had a full day of work first.  And I'm still getting used to the "island life" as it poured the rain on and off all day.  At one point I noticed that TPA was not allowing departures due to weather.

So I was not surprised that the DL 752 left TPA 40 minutes late.  But I had 90 in ATL and easily made the ASA CRJ7 to BTR.  The upgrades cleared, and as always, that's nice.

I'm surprised at how shabby the airport is here in BTR.  I come here every couple of years and they surely need a new terminal.  It's old and dated.

The worst thing today was that upon our arrival in BTR, even though it was 9 pm local, both DL gates were occupied by RJs trying to get back to ATL.  Apparently the weather messed it all up, but not us thank goodness.  So we had to wait about 15 minutes, but the ASA captain kept us informed.

Hanging out here for 3 days, and only have to work until 12 noon each day.  Guess I'll get a couple of good naps this week!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2172/history/20120918/2115Z/KTPA/KATL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5081/history/20120919/0031Z/KATL/KBTR

No comments:

Post a Comment