Saturday, September 22, 2012

Baton Rouge Back to Tampa - Sweating It


My training customer in BTR decided that I had to end our work by 10 AM.  This meant that my DL ticket to depart at 540 PM had to be changed, and I did, scheduled to depart BTR at 1240.  The reason I'm sweating it, is that as soon as the inbound pulled into BTR, the gate announces a maintenance delay. After scaring me to death, without any notice, suddenly we board 25 minutes late.

Which of course puts pressure on my 55 minute connection in ATL.  We arrived at D 36 and the connection is at B 36 (of course both ends of both buildings).

I get to B 36, a huge line boarding.  Arrogantly I whip around to the Sky Priority line and out pops the upgrade!

Wow, I am a happy guy, because if you make these last minute flight changes, you can kiss first goodbye.

Settle in to seat 7B, 2 Woodfords in route, and then I'm back on my island eating seafood just six hours after leaving BTR.  Thank you Boeing and yes, thank you Delta!

Philadelphia and Newark next week!

I kind of trashed the BTR airport in the previous post, and I'd like to be more objective.  It's not all that bad, really.  They have a nice, but very dark, business center (reminds me of a funeral parlor).

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASQ5070/history/20120921/1734Z/KBTR/KATL

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2208/history/20120921/2008Z/KATL/KTPA

No comments:

Post a Comment