Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Minneapolis to Chicago - Will it Ever Get above 0?


Well, yes, it will.  Like when I get home to Pass a Grille on Saturday night.

Flew the Delta MD90 out of MSP.  I bought first so didn't have to mess with a battleground upgrade. 

I'm not going to complain about delayed and cancelled flights too much when we are all in the grip of a "polar vortex". 

But I noticed that DL ran all their flights into ORD today, whereas AA cancelled a couple.  Maybe their fuel is still frozen here in Chicago.

We were 20 minutes late.  Not a problem.

We pull into the gate and the jetway is frozen and takes 10 minutes to attach to the plane.  Still I can't gripe about that.

As a guy who worked for a couple of years on the ramp for DL, I feel so sorry for these folks outside having to load the bags. 

God bless 'em.

Here for four days.  Then home to Tampa.  But just for one day.  Uggh.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL729/history/20140108/0135Z/KMSP/KORD

No comments:

Post a Comment