Monday, January 20, 2014
Amarillo to Tampa - Weird TSA Pre Twist
My annual January trip to AMA is over. I've flown out of there many times since 9/11. Why is TSA so weird there? I won't go through all the strange things I've had to do to get through security there, but this time my boarding pass said "Pre" and as I approached security I got the three beeps and a plastic card with TSA logo on it. OK, I suppose.
So I get to the machines and take the cell phone out and walk through. Then I hear "bag check!" and wonder what the heck.
So they look at the liquids, etc an re scan the bag.
I asked the agent about this. I said I thought Pre meant the liquids were ok.
To which I was told, "Here at Amarillo the passenger is eligible for Pre but not the bags."
HUH?
I guess this simply means that you can keep your shoes on and that's about it.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA613/history/20140117/2135Z/KAMA/KDEN
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA1964/history/20140118/0001Z/KDEN/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment