Tuesday, January 21, 2014
JFK Back to Atlanta - Day 3 of 5 - Not Going to Happen
5 cities in 5 days in the winter. I had my doubts. Today they were realized.
Got up this morning here in NYC and turned on the television and hear about "Winter Storm something or other" (They all have names now, adding to the drama and the tension).
I know DL bails out of snowstorms very quickly, and the storm was to arrive around noon.
I quickly jumped online and luckily grabbed a reservation here at the same airport hotel I spent last night in.
And at 10 AM, I got the call from DL, flight cancelled.
But at least I have a roof over my head tonight. I'll bet the terminals across the street at JFK are just a zoo.
So I had to call the customer in Atlanta and cancel on him. Now I get to drive over to New Jersey tomorrow to work on Thursday.
A Polar Vortex is coming in again. It's already 16 F.
**sigh**
Would much rather be home in Pass A Grille where it's in the 60s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment