I've just about had it with the "seamless" travel that DL is telling us would happen with the NW merger. I flew NW metal out of TYS and MEM to get here. I had learned the hard way, that despite having a 006 prefixed ticket, this is still considered to be NW travel. So I printed the boarding pass on NWA.com instead of Delta.com. (I really wonder how many casual fliers would know to do this, because if you don't your seat assignment from Delta.com gets wiped out of the record).
So the NW, rather let me say Pinnacle flight shows up on time to take us to MEM. And of course it's a CRJ200 piece of crap. I'm tired of telling you how CR1 and 2 are the worst pieces of metal in the sky for passenger comfort.
So we get to MEM and now it's time to spend some time in the DL Sky Club which used to be one of the better NW clubs. So naturally, the agent at the counter is a former NW person wearing a DL uniform and has to see:
My ID
My DL Crown Room card
and
My boarding pass
just to get inside! And she had to type something into the computer as well!
Once inside I am going to officially pronounce the NW clubs dead. ALL of the food and beverage is classic Delta cheap, which is much worse than the old NW clubs. The NW clubs had fruit and much more variety. The guys down on Virginia Avenue have finally gotten into the clubs.
And I thought:
This must be extremely difficult for NW elite members to swallow. Their FF program has disappeared, and they are now forced to fly more for the same benefits. Their clubs have just been completely downgraded, particularly in the food area. And now they must deal with "Platinum saturation" as DL made it so easy for everyone to get to elite status. This puts tremendous pressure on first class. The chances of upgrading successfully have dropped a lot for these folks.
They must be very frustrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment