Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Savannah-Atlanta-Detroit-Tampa
All Delta on this one. I fly so often that rarely do I get to sit back and reflect on some of the stuff I dealt with 30 years ago when I first started traveling.
But the one thing that has surely changed, at least at DL, is the concept of a frequent flyer program. You've heard all the complaints.
Making a long story short, Delta (and you can bet the others will follow) now award status and FF tickets now on the amount of $$$ you pour into their wallets.
And honestly, I have no problem with this. Some folks over at www.flyertalk.com are very outraged. I knew it would happen.
But please stop calling it "Sky Miles". It has nothing to do with miles or the length of a journey. Now I know they can't call it "Sky Dollars" but that's what it is.
I'd be willing to bet that down the road DL will change the name of this program. It will be interesting to see what they go to.
Maybe something like "Sky Loyalty". Who knows?
Regarding these segments, they were on time except for DTW/TPA which was 20 minutes late. The reason?
"Late arrival of our flight attendents". **sigh**
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1425/history/20140313/2015Z/KBWI/KATL
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1320/history/20140313/2305Z/KATL/KSAV
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1221/history/20140317/2155Z/KDTW/KTPA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment