Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Moderation"


You've heard the word.  Moderation.

You've heard its application.

Use "moderation" with:

Eating
Drinking
Exercise
Sex (who the hell said this?)
Red meat
Red wine

What's moderate air travel?  I used to fly with a guy out of Knoxville whose email signature read: "He who dies with the most miles, wins".  All I know is that he claims to have lost 6 million Delta miles in a divorce settlement.

Am I a serious, credible traveler?

Take a look at www.flightmemory.com.

It's neat, allowing you to enter your flights, dates, etc.  Once it crunches out the numbers, you can get some surprises.

I've been flying constantly since 1990, but I started using their website in 2008.  So I've got 18 years under my belt before I even started entering data.

Since 2008:

I've flown 878,122 miles
Circumnavigated the earth 35.26 times
Flown to the moon 3.676 times
Covered .0094 percent of the distance from the earth to the sun (gives you some idea of the size of our universe)

My average flight distance is 718 miles.

Since 2008, I've flown out of:

Atlanta 559 times
Tampa 315 times
Knoxville 185 times
Chicago O'Hare 107 times
Detroit 96 times
Baltimore 92 times
Chicago Midway 76 times
Salt Lake City 76 times
Las Vegas 65 times

Since 2008, I've flown:

826 segments on Delta
222 segments on Southwest
47 segments on American
107 segments on assorted other carriers

Since 2008 I've flown on:

Boeing 737s 291 times
Canadair regional jets 255 times
Boeing 757s 236 times
MD-88s 133 times
Embraer regional jets 58 times
Everything else (A319/320/340/B767/747/MD90) 141 times

I've been upgraded to first 629 times.
I've flown coach 575 times

I've flown in and out of 151 US airports.


So is this moderation?

Good night from Columbus, MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment