I don't post many items concerning hotel life. I've put up one or two concerning hotel etiquette. However, today I just have to go on record concerning those free continental breakfasts that you get at a lot of places.
Today, at 7 am, as I was walking to breakfast at the Hampton Inn in Amarillo, a guest opened her door and walked out in front of me. And she made for the breakfast in a hurry.
Only one problem. She was wearing her pajamas, without shoes.
This is the third time I have seen this since late December. The first time I saw this was in the Embassy Suites in San Juan around New Years. Pardon the language, but why in the hell can't you get dressed, if for no other reason, out of respect for everybody else who is dressed?
To me, this represents what I see so much on the road; stupidity and laziness combined together. She was not wearing shoes either. I don't think you can walk into any restaurant this way at all. She had not combed her hair. I never looked into her face, but I'd be willing to bet the words selfish and stupid might have appeared there.
I need to calm down about this. Travel shows you quickly how little respect some people have for the rest of the world.
I need to go to Outback and have a down under, just to calm down. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
PS. When on travel, always make sure the hotel/restaurants/whomever give your credit card back to you. Tonight at Outback, when it was time to settle the tab, they brought all the paperwork but did not bring my card. I have lost count of how much this has happened. At a hotel at Dulles Airport, in Virginia. At a restaurant in Chicago.
You have to think about this as you are paying the tab. Please, it is not automatic that the part time employee who is serving you/checking you in will be thinking about it.
YOU have to think about it, lest you get separated from your card. (I also remember Avis in Monterey, CA keeping my card, come to think of it!)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment