Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tampa/Orange County/Los Angeles/Tampa


My big training customer is too sensitive to airfares and at times unrealistic.  Meaning, if a fare goes past $800.00, they squawk.

So, sometimes just to keep the peace, I have to accept a weird routing, as in:

TPA to SNA via MSP.  I know.  Look at a map, it look ridiculous.  But even though I live in a big market, I'm still shocked at how expensive fares can be from Tampa to the west coast.

So, thankfully the upgrades cleared out to Orange County, and Pre worked fine in TPA.  I'll still maintain that any Airbus product has a more comfortable cabin than any Boeing product, so the A320 out to SNA was very comfy in first.

I flew back out of LAX, on the nonstop red eye to TPA.  I swore off these kinds of flights years ago, but because it was nonstop and cheap (read first paragraph), I signed on.

And promptly did not clear first because the damn fare level was too damn low.  Economy Comfort is ok on Delta, but combining that with a 0615 AM arrival in TPA, well, it's tough.

I'm still trying to get my head straight.

Off to Charlotte now, and again the segment out of TPA is not going to clear because of these damn cheap fares I have to buy.  Gotta find a way around this stuff.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1329/history/20130401/1800Z/KTPA/KMSP

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2097/history/20130401/2230Z/KMSP/KSNA

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL933/history/20130406/0555Z/KLAX/KTPA

No comments:

Post a Comment